- Hull TypeHydrofoil / Foiling
- Hull MaterialGRP
- Passenger Capacity6
- Engine1x Candela
- Engine Year2020
- Engine hours
- FuelElectric / Solar
- Drive TypeOutboard
- Length Overall (m)7.70
- Beam (m)2.40
- Draft (m)0.7
- Displacement (kg)1300
- Manufacturer Overview
- Model Overview
- Technical Specifications
- General Information
In a truly exceptional and groundbreaking achievement, Candela has redefined convention and created a boat that can fly...
Designed and built entirely in Stockholm, Candela has created the world’s first hydrofoiling electric boat with speed and range on par with a fossil fuelled boat. Candela’s pioneering approach to efficiency, software and structural design is radically changing the image and boundaries of electric boats. This remarkable energy reduction is achieved by the use of carefully engineered hydrofoils, which halve the friction compared to a planing boat.
Forget bumpy rides! Even in rough seas, she behaves second to none, often outperforming planing boats in comfort and silence. Candela’s digital flight controller keeps you flying above rough waves, without rolling or heaving, even in strong sidewinds and choppy conditions. Add to that a completely silent ride without CO2 emissions, gas fumes or wake and with low running costs.
Welcome to the future of boating.
An exciting opportunity to own a Candela Seven, launched in the Summer of 2020 and available for delivery from Spring 2021.
The Candela Seven’s inherent excitement, boundless fun and seakeeping capabilities are intrinsic in its design. Once experienced, it is hard to return to port as you carve out thrilling turns and fly above choppy waves and wakes from other vessels. Instead of pounding the waves, the Seven flies over them. There’s no slamming, no heaving or rolling. Waves, even up to 1.2 metres, simply pass under the hull.
With a range of 50 nautical miles at 20 knots, the Candela Seven outperforms many other electric boats and is close to that of a combustion engine boat of the same size. As an added safety feature, spare battery capacity for an extra 8 nautical miles at lower speeds ensures you will always make it to your home port. This real-world range is approximately four times further than some electric boats currently on the market.
An advanced automatic control system creates stability and works in harmony with the Seven’s ultra-light design using only the very finest carbon composites and design principles. Unlike other less efficient hydrofoil boats, the fully submerged hydrofoils of Candela Seven offer a greater breadth of boating possibilities for the pilot.
Almost completely silent, and with greatly reduced pollution, this environmentally friendly boat leaves the ocean wildlife and its ecosystems intact and in a better condition for generations to come.
• Hull Material: Carbon Fibre
• Weight: 1300kg
• Length: 7.70m
• Beam: 2.40m
• Range: 50nm at 20kn
• Range in go home mode: 8nm at 4kn
• Cruising speed: 19-23kn
• Maximum speed: 30kn
• Foiling take off speed: 15kn
• Foiling capacity: 800kg
• Passenger capacity: driver + 700kg
• Draft: 0.7 m in shallow water, 1.0m while foiling, 1.5m while not foiling
• Charging Time: 4h for a full charge
• Battery: 40kWh lithium ion NMC battery pack
• One large flat foil close to centre of gravity and a small D shaped foil at the aft. Both are fully retractable for trailing, storage and shallow water operation
• Take off, cruise and landing are all fully automated. Height, roll and pitch are controlled by sensor fusion, controllers, software and hydraulic actuators operating at 100-500 Hz update frequencies
• Bright Turquoise colour on hull, deck and interior
• White upholstery
• High power 3 phase charging - 4h charging time, also allows you to charge on 1 phase up to 16 Amps
• Teak deck
• Cruiser cover
• Digital navigation charts, software upgrades and data connectivity
• AIS communication
• Mobile app for positioning, charging status, remote feature control and trip-data
• Bowers & Wilkins audio package with bluetooth and 2 speakers
• Mooring package
Additional Options - available for retrofit prior to delivery
• Signature Stitched Cushions - ergonomically shaped for increased comfort
• Aft Center Teak Table - storable under portside dash
• Courtesy Deck Lighting - dimmable LED lights controllable from touch screen and app
• Geofence Security - alerts you in case unexpected movement is detected
• Echo sounder - activated automatically in non-foiling mode with integrated touch screen
• External Cooler - placed port side front under dash, including 12V outlet
• Candela Dedicated Trailer including electric winch for single operator mode, remote control, battery and aluminium box for accessories
Conditions of Sale
Net price for base boat on Incoterms 2020 EXW (ex works; also excluding freight and/or delivery charges, importation and/or customs duties if applicable, VAT and/or sales taxes of the particular country of end sale). Quotation on request for Incoterms 2020 DDP (delivered duty paid; including all freight and/or delivery charges, importation and/or customs duties if applicable, VAT and/or sales taxes of the particular country of end sale). We can offer this service throughout the UK and Europe.
Price of boat based in EUR. Can be quoted in a variety of other currencies including GBP on request.
The Company offer the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Errors and omissions excepted.
In order to best assist you we may need to discuss your needs with the manufacturer of your chosen product. By enquiring, you consent to your data being passed to such an organisation who you should contact directly regarding any UK or worldwide GPDR or data handling queries.
All Vessels, Engines and Goods sold by Grosvenor Yachts Ltd are bought by a Customer strictly in accordance with the Conditions of Sale of the Company. These can be found at https://grosvenoryachts.com/conditions-of-sale.
Please note our Return and Order Cancellation Policy at: https://grosvenoryachts.com/return-and-order-cancellation-policy.
Please contact our specialists at Grosvenor Yachts for more information about this boat.
T 0330 11 30 800
With offices located at Knightsbridge in Central London and another at Falmouth in the West Country, Grosvenor Yachts excels in the sales of both new and approved pre-owned motorised leisure boats and yachts, new tenders and engines, and a wide variety of water based toys and towables. For more information about us, the brands we represent and our current listings, please visit our website at grosvenoryachts.com.
Grosvenor Yachts has two offices that are open from 9:00am to 5:30pm on Monday to Friday. Our London office address is Michelin House, 81 Fulham Road, London, SW3 6RD and our Falmouth address is PO Box 343, Falmouth, Cornwall, TR11 9EA. We would like to ensure that you do not waste a journey, so please contact us before travelling to either of our offices in order to make certain that the relevant person is available.
We are proud to be members of the British Marine Federation and are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.